WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF A DETOX?
Do you feel tired throughout the day? Do you always get sick? Do you feel bloated and have irregular bowel movements? Do you lack concentration or have brain fog?
The purpose of a detox is basically to cleanse your body. This is done by removing impurities from the blood in the liver, where toxins are processed for elimination. The body also eliminates toxins through the kidneys, intestines, lungs, lymphatic system, and skin. However, when these systems are compromised, impurities aren't properly filtered and the body is adversely affected.
Detoxification is about resting, cleansing and nourishing the body from the inside out. There's many different programs for detox out there. We always recommend consulting with your Doctor first.
TIPS TO CLEANSE:
- Having lemon in warm water every morning will promote alkalinity, improve metabolism and stimulate digestion
- A chai tea after dinner will combat night time cravings as cinnamon assists with balancing sugar levels
- Drink 2-3 litres of water a day to assist with the removal of toxins, maintain hydration and suppress hunger
- Eating consistently throughout the day helps with digestion and creates routine, no skipping meals!
- Drink a cup of green tea in the afternoon for a metabolic boost
We hope these tips help you reach your health goals. Remember we are here to help you and give you the best information for health and wellness.
- Vitamin Patch Club